Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lovely Year of Finishes - January

I have met my January goal of using the improv blocks made during a class at Quiltcon 2013.  It measures 52 x 58 and is quite warm.




I thought I would try out something new for the quilting.  Its a jagged type of FMQ and it didn't turn out the way I saw it in my mind.  Not bad, just not what I imagined.  I am not sure I will use this again.  Perhaps, I shall call this a learning experience.

Linking today to the Lovely Year of Finishes January party.

My Button

6 comments:

  1. I really love these bright blocks on the grey background. The quilting is very interesting. My quilting never turns out how I imagine it. I'm looking forward to the day that it does...if ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jagged FMQ is very improv as well. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and I actually really like the quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bright colors against the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting quilt and the quilting works well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors against the gray, and the quilting is perfect with those improv blocks! Thanks for participating in the Challenge again this year!!

    ReplyDelete