Friday, October 31, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Scrappy Stars

Oh, how I do love the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  There is so much creativity on display!
 
I have decided to enter one of my most recent finishes - Scrappy Stars.  It was made using the pattern "Obsession" which is found in the book "Quilt-opedia". 
 
This quilt was entirely made from my stash of scraps!  . 

 

I wanted a project to hand quilt and thought that this piece would be a good quilt to stitch in the ditch.  




I am also glad that this piece includes triangles.  You see, me and triangles have this love/hate relationship and 2014 has been my year to really work on this skill.




I think this may have been the most fun I ever had selecting fabrics for a project.
 
Scrappy Stars
78 x 78
Pattern:  Obsession from "Quilt-opedia"
Pieced and hand quilted by me


Please check out all of the entries at the festival.

Fall 2014 BQF Button

3 comments:

  1. It's incredible - and so amazing that it's all scraps, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt. I love the gradation from one color to the other. I'm envious of quilters who can do that, it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete