Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Penny Patch QAL Progress

I have enjoyed working on the simple Penny Patch block in the QAL at Stitched in Color.  My color choices are orange and teal with a pop color of mustard.


I am ahead a bit on this QAL, as I am trying to stay focused with the holidays coming soon.  This quilt will be made entirely from stash scraps. 

 
I was getting a bit nervous because everything was looking so "messed up".  The more I moved and rearranged the squares, the more crazy I got.  So, I just decided to stop rearranging and started to put the top together.  Once the squares were sewn together, I started to like it more.

 
Today is the link up to review our progress.  Its always so interesting to look at other's color combinations.  I hope you join along.
 
Penny Patch button

11 comments:

  1. Looks great! I like your color palette. I would be interested to see some close-ups of your blocks if you have time to post any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Updated to include a few close ups.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely. I really like how you have added the orange fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving the simple design, too. congratulations on being ahead! it's looking great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I like how it's scrappy but still has a bit of a red/orange and turquoise-green theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Makes me think of things drifting in the tide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! Your fabrics work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! You inspired me to get back to some flour sack squares that I started...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, this is very pretty! I like the color combo and am impressed not only that you used stash fabrics but that you are so focused to be ahead of the game! Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice color combo. Some of your fabric looks familiar. I probably won't include the hedgedogs, but the birds from that serie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your colors too.
    I didn't quite get the color thing and mine are all over the place!

    ReplyDelete