Monday, June 24, 2013

City Sampler Quilt Along - Tula Pink


Last week, I decided to hunker down and concentrate on finishing some projects since I have a huge stack of WIPs.
 
It really started when I saw my bright spider web quilt top looking kinda sad.  I had been wanting to make this for my bed and hope that this will be a great way to start the day by waking up to something so cheery looking.
 
My plan was to hand quilt it and I finally got started.  I was sitting on the floor just sewing away when my dog decided to sneak across it.  I told him to "STOP", but it was too late.  He froze and plopped over trying to play dead.


I took a quick pic and then told him to move.  He just froze and acted like he didn't understand me.  Nice try, but no - he had to move off the quilt.  I am really hoping to have this finished and ready to show soon!
 
Today is the day to show off our blocks 13-15 in the City Sampler Quilt Along.
 
For block 13, I changed the color placement and it makes for a different look.  Its kinda like a giant hashtag.


Block 14 was made with Tula's Prince Charming.  I cant wait for her new Acacia fabric to come out.



Also linking today with the Monday Lets Get Acquainted party at Heart of Charnwood.

3 comments:

  1. Ahaha! My dog does that all the time when I am basting - as soon as I tape my backing to the floor, he sneaks onto it and looks all cute laying there. I try to shoo him off and he looks at me like, "What???". As if he has no clue of what I am talking about! Good thing they are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you taking on the hand quilting challenge! Your spider web quilt does look bright and cheery. Obviously, one member of your household in particular, thinks it looks cozy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blocks you've made. What are you storing them in? Looks like a binder of some kind.

    ReplyDelete