Monday, February 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Leaves

Since I am working a lot lately and with Quiltcon coming soon, I didn't want to start a big project.  I decided to work on a mini inspired by the project "Spring" which is in Sarah Fielke's book "Quilting from Little Things".
 
This type of quilt has always been on my to-do list.  Something like a tree of life or a vine with leaves.  I am doing this project free hand, not really measuring too much and just going with the flow.
 
 
The plum fabric that I used for the background was the only plum in my stash. It is some sort of linen and is not ideal.  It wrinkles very easily and it collects fuzzies and loose strings.  It will not be a fabric that I would chose to work with again.
 
Linking up today to Design Wall Monday and to the Monday Link Up. 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your flowering vine is very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plum is a great colour though...the lime green really pops on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I like the idea of just going with the flow.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dark background! One I would like to try this year. I have Sarah's book, so no excuses for me.

    ReplyDelete