Friday, October 12, 2012

Jazz Hands - Blogtoberfest Day 12

I need a portable project.  Now I know what you might be thinking, "Hexagons are a popular and great portable project".  Well, me an hexies have a history and its not good.  I think they are cute.  I try to make them, but I just cant seem to make them a consistent size.  I do have several hexie WIPs that I could work on. 

But, I chose to work on a new project - the Jazz Hands block from Material Obsession 2.   


There is only one template that is used for the block.  There are three pieces that create a triangle.  So far, I have complete the inner triangles.  I think the key will be to make sure that the seams are ironed flat.  Hopefully, I will have a completed block to share very soon.
 
Blogtoberfest - Day 12




2 comments:

  1. Your block is looking great so far! I love that book...all the quilts in it are so beautiful I am working on a quilt from it right now (Now & Then).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our block is looking great. I've thought about ordering that book. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete