Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pets on Quilts Show


Hi y'all.  We are the current quilt dogs that assist here at Kinda Quilty.  OK, so assist may be a bit of an overstatement.  But today, we are finally having our way here and decided to join in the fun at the Pets on Quilts Show.

Pets on Quilts

You see, we have a rule here at the house that basically says we are not to touch the quilts, quilt supplies, and anything quilting related in general.  But rules are made to be broken - right.  And what our dog owner doesn't know won't hurt her - right

OK, sure there may have been some incidents.  Like the time a previous quilt dog chewed up the entire stash of thread.  And there was that recent incident where my dalmatian cousin here jumped on our dog owner and grabbed the needle and thread from her hand.  Oh boy was that a sight to watch my dog owner chase my cousin and try to search that dalmatian's mouth for a large needle.  Ha, ha, I still kid my dog cousin bout that!

You see the dog owner thinks that we just sit around looking cute.  I bet she imagines that we mostly think about things like cats, squirrels, and other security threats.  But sometimes, I think about all those mini quilts hanging on the wall that look like such a perfect dog sized quilt - and we are not allowed to touch them!  Bummer!



So, we have to sneak on a quilt whenever we get the opportunity.  Like me on the tulip quilt.  My dog owner was standing on a ladder and I saw her with the camera.  I thought she wanted to take a picture of me, but I found out that she was trying to get a picture of a naked quilt.  (Naked Quilt = Quilt without a Dog).  I mean, like, who wants a picture of a naked quilt?  Am I right?



My cousin sneaks onto quilts as well, but she is just much faster than I am.  See that action photo shot.

Got to go now before the owner lady gets back.  We're gonna check out the other pets on parade and maybe even have a good laugh.. 

38 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Your tulip quilt is lovely. The pieced petals make the flowers pop! The photo with the dogs at the door is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, what a cute post/entry in the Pets on Quilts Show. Love your action shot. You have really cute quilt helpers.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Thank God for brave quilt dogs every where, keeping their mistresses safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Of course those quilts should be doggie beds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pets always belong on the quilts, don't they????

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are so cute you can probably get away with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of your dogs. I love your tulip quilt too. Thanks for participating in the blog hop.
    Warmest regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You quilt dogs have me chuckling! Great post! And I agree, we need to have a drive for No More Naked Quilts. Thanks for persuading your mistress to help you join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aack you certainly wouldn't want your quilt to appear naked on the internet! Good thing you've got photogenic friends around to cover it up and keep it decent :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post, I love when the pets take over the blog. Naked quilt, indeed, I'm using that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the smile on 'the cousin'! Keep at it furkids. You'll get your own quilts someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a funny post - naked quilt indeed. Thanks for the humor and the lovely tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the first photo, very sweet greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dogs are fab! Good luck in the competition :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your furry friends are a comedy team!! Love em!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping over from Plum & June. Loving your pets on quilts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dropped in via Plum & June. Your pups & quilts are wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the tulip quilt and, of course, your furry friends. Quick 'hi' as well on this week's blog hop link up from Plum & June :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Naked quilt. I love it.

    Meandered on through from Plum and June.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a Schnauzer too! Need to get her to the groomer before her photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey pups! Thanks for sneaking on and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bit of fabric peaking out under the fur shedding machine! MOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely to meet you *wag wag sniff sniff*
    There's nothing but naked quilts over here...I tend to tiptoe round fabric on the floor (especially when she's doing something called 'tacking' which seems to take up the whole carpet for days at a time) as it's not worth being shouted at. Also, if I get seen tiptoeing round I often get a biscuit as a reward for being 'good' - it's a win-win situation ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I am so glad you decided to model your owner's quilt for us. It just wouldn't look nearly as good if it was naked.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the action shot!! Very cute, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, not sure which is cuter - the tulip quilt or the dog - actually the combination is what's so cute. Every time I click on your blog I smile at your header - it's just so whimsical and cute! I miss my dog when we are in Japan - I must contrive to photograph her on a quilt before we go back!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh you poor puppies! You tell owner to let you come play at our house... We give puppies plenty of quilts to lay on and snuggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute dog and lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete