Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Tilt 2

Today I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

The down side of reading blogs is that there is so much beautiful inspiration out there in blogland.  The projects on my wish list and the quilt designs in my head make me feel like I am on overload.  Also, there are many challenges and QAL going on right now that I don't know what to do first.

I started out this holiday weekend going through my stash and finishing several blocks here and there while trying to decide on the next project.  I chose to work with some of the FQ from the bundle of Olivia's Holiday by Tina Givens.  I had previously pulled the green and aqua FQ from this bundle to make Kaffe Fassett's Tilt discussed here  and here.  The top is currently in the quilting process and I am quite pleased with the look so far.

The colors that I had left to work with are pink, yellow, and brown.


I started piecing last night and completed the mid-section.  I am not sure how well the colors are going to work together yet, so I am going to trust the process and keep going.  I know that if I have time today, the top should be completed.

Here is a snippet.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting setting. I like to see how other's use there leftovers: ideas for me, especially for comfort quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Can we see more?!
    I'm so overwhelmed by all that's going on I've not even started a quilt yet!!

    ReplyDelete