Monday, January 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Several Projects

Today I am linking to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

Not much new on my wall today.  I am still working on more scrappy X & + blocks.


Mainly, for the past week, I have been working on my project for the Color Palette Challenge.  Since the project has to be completed in a month (and my projects are usually long term), I settled on making a mini quilt for the AAQI.  I know that the purpose of the challenge is to stretch your color use, but I stretched myself in more ways.
  • I have never made a mini quilt before.
  • I have never made anything for AAQI.  
  • I challenged myself to use materials from my stash.
  • I have never used embellishments. (I used beads).
I am not showing it yet because it still needs binding.  I think that I may get a visit from the quilt police on this project because I may have interpreted the colors differently from those in the challenge.  When I first saw the colors, I went with a more plum color than mauve.  Also, I thought the light blue was more aqua.  Hopefully, the challenge quilt will be bound this week.

Most importantly, I am so excited about my string tulip quilt.  The hand quilting is finished and I hope to have the binding on later this week.  I am so looking forward to presenting this as a finish!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blocks and hope you get the finish you desire on your mini. It's great to do so many new things all at once on a small scale.

    ReplyDelete